Today the recipe for these absolutely delicious banana pancakes!
As you might have guessed by the name, these pancakes are made with banana. They are really healthy, very tasty en super easy to make!
Ideal as an energetic breakfast (bananas = quick energy carbs, eggs= proteins) lunch or after/pre workout food, and loved by children too!
What you need (for about 4-5 small pancakes):
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- olive oil
- a frying pan
- Optional: Cinnamon, oatmeal, nuts, blueberries
- Step 1: Mash the banana into a bowl
- Step 2: Add the two eggs and mix them with the banana pulp until it’s one mix
Tip!: I always add some cinnamon to add some flavour to the pancakes, but you can also add some oatmeal to make the pancakes more filling.
-If you find the pancakes too sweet, consider adding some drops of lemon juice.
- Step 3: Grab a small ladle, fill it with mix and pour it in the frying pan to make the pancake
Tip! Do not make them too big, it might be harder to flip the pancake over
- Step 4 (optional): While making the pancake you can add some blueberries for taste, or any other fruit you like
Piece of (pan)cake right?
Some other tips:
-You can always half the ingredients if you want about 2-3 pancakes.
-On some blogs I found that some use 1 banana with 1 egg. I tried this but the mix was just too watery and the pancakes would not flip, so instead I had scrambled pancakes. I recommend the 1 banana – 2 eggs proportion.
– If you find the pancakes too sweet, try combining them with greek yoghurt and fruit.
I hope you like this recipe as much as I do!